Finding the Essence of me. Try this with your family.
What follows is an attempt to help us understand one another. Getting to the essence of who I really am is not easy. These are the questions I thought told the most about myself.
It should take between 60 and 120 minutes for each member of my family to answer these as the answers led to additional questions to understand. Wow is all I can say.
I encourage you to sit down and listen as your family answers these simple questions. It reveals much and builds relationships. I have given this to some patients as well in an effort to help them understand their spouse or children. Not much feedback from patients but it had an impact on my family.
Finding the Essence of Me.
What makes you feel...
* Happy
* Feel safe or secure
* Loved
* Spiritual
* Relaxed
What makes you laugh?
What is your favorite thing to do?
What gives you a sense of accomplishment?
What do you look forward to?
Who best understands you?
What gives your life a sense of purpose and meaning?
What makes you (feel)...
* Sad
* Angry
* Cry ( Both tears of happiness and tears of sadness)
* Fear
* Insecure
* Tense
* Frustrated
* Guilty
* Like giving up
What annoys you most?
What things do you worry about?
What are your best qualities?
What are your biggest challenges?
…………Vance Harris, MD.
No comments:
Post a Comment